el sonido, el cosmos, la música, el átomo, la búsqueda
the sound, the cosmos, the music, the atom, the search
NEWS / NOVEDADES
- Juan is currently ofering online classes, you can book yours contacting
- Juan está impartiendo en este momento clases online, puedes reservar la tuya escribiendo a
IᑎTᖇOᗪᑌᑕTIOᑎ TO ᖴᒪᗩᗰEᑎᑕO ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᖇKᔕᕼOᑭ:
I am happy to announce I have set "IᑎTᖇOᗪᑌᑕTIOᑎ TO ᖴᒪᗩᗰEᑎᑕO ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ
ᗯOᖇKᔕᕼOᑭ" where you will learn the fundaments and bases of flamenco, the essence of it, and how to initiate, deepen or make use of this wonderful music to enrich your music style and playing.
This workshop consist on a package of three online group sessions, one and a half hours each, via Zoom, where I will be giving some technical and artistic information, we will listen and play, and I will make some suggestions, at the end of the class we will have a round of questions and comments on whatever matter you might be interested regarding your progress on flamenco or just music in general.
The approach of the classes will be to offer a full perspective of the art of flamenco including historical antecedents, rhythm, melody and harmony, the voice, the diferents "palos" or styles and its particularities, new flamenco and flamenco-jazz, and how to incorporate those elements in other musical styles.
The classes are scheduled on:
- October the 6th 13th and 20th (all three Tuesday)
- 1:00 to 2:30 pm (New York Time)
- Via Zoom
Class 1 (October 6th, 1:00 to 2:30 New York time)
- Brief historical context
- "The three of flamenco" and its styles
- Primitive "palos" (romance, debla, polo, caña)
- Soleá branch, tangos branch, fandango and Levante branch, ida y vuelta (south American influenced "palos").
- Flamenco-jazz, flamenco fusion, 80's 90's and nowadays era.
- Harmony and scales in flamenco, andalusian cadence.
- Analysis of a piece
- A piece to decide by us will be analyze in different dimensions at home.
- Prepare at home "El tiempo vuela" (Carles Benavent) over a play along I will provide.
Class 2 (October 13th, 1:00 to 2:30 New York time)
- Check of "El tiempo vuela".
- Tango and rumba styles. the 4/4 feel in flamenco.
- Soleá, bulería and alegría. the 3/4 feel in flamenco. Specific rhythmic difficulties in bulería and how to face the practice of this very complex but popular style.
- Palmas (claps), rhythmical patterns, and how to practice and master this art.
- Analysis of some bulería by Camarón.
- Transcription of a falseta (musical interlude) in bulería style by Paco de Lucía. (I will provide some play along)
Class 3 (October 20th, 1:00 to 2:30 New York time)
- Check Camarón piece analysis and falseta by Paco de Lucía.
- Explaining Seguiriya style and its 2+2+3+3+2 rhythmic grouping. - New harmonies, scales and concept in flamenco.
- How to incorporate flamenco to your musical career.
- Questions, doubts, open talk.
The workshop will be in English.
I made this course half price as a launching deal, being the price of the full course 50 euros (three classes one an a half hours long). Any transaction fee would be add in case it applies.
To make your reservation click here:
for more info contact me: